- Buy gift cards – Want to help small businesses right now who are feeling the pains of social distancing? Buy a gift card from them. Even if you aren’t buying anything else because you’re stuck at home, you can give your local shops a vote of confidence by spending even $25 on a gift card to use later, when life returns to normal.
- Don’t cancel, reschedule – In a similar vein, for small businesses that provide a service, if you have to postpone your event, don’t flat-out cancel it altogether, postpone it and then find a good time to reschedule the celebration, whatever it may be.
- Order takeout or delivery – Your favorite restaurants may have had to shut their doors, but many of them still offer takeout or delivery. Not only does that keep the business going, it also provides income for delivery drivers. (Many food delivery companies have sent out updates regarding their sanitation guidelines and practices).
- Say Thank You – To all the people on the frontlines of this pandemic. This includes grocery store employees, pharmacists, nurses, and doctors.
- Volunteer or give back – If you feel comfortable and are able, volunteer at a food bank or another place that is ensuring that vulnerable communities are getting water and food. Or make a donation to an organization doing the above or making sure the millions of school children who aren’t going to school anymore can still get a healthy breakfast and lunch or an organization whose mission is to make sure all Americans can engage their differences constructively, particularly at a time of crises.
Happy Thursday! And Happy Moving Day to my little family and me!
That’s right – another “secret” I suppose you could say that we’ve been keeping, is that Tommy and I bought/built a house in the same neighborhood we live in currently. I didn’t want to post anything on here until we officially closed (which we did yesterday)! Stay tuned for a recap and house tour coming soon!
Let’s get to the “things that are making me happy lately”. [Read more…]