The date was November 25, 2013 when Tammy and I officially launched our 14th Street Eating Tour.[Read more…]
Happy (Frugal) Friday friends!
I have another giveaway for ya’ll on this fine Friday. This one will help you get into the holiday spirit.
Win 4 Tickets to The Illusionists – Magic of the Holidays to the Tuesday, December 3rd, 7:30pm showing at the National Theatre.[Read more…]
Anyone else travel a lot for work? I will admit, 99% of my work trips are pretty back-to-back with meetings and events. Even if I know my upcoming trip will be crazy busy, there are three things that I generally try to research in advance should I need them in a pinch.[Read more…]
Happy Hump Day ya’ll!
I don’t know about you, but I’m struggling a little today. Luke woke up at 1:00am (very unusual for him) and wouldn’t go back down until 2:30am. Then he was up for the day at 5:30am. Lots of coffee my friends, lots of coffee today.
This past Saturday my family and I did something that I’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t because Christmas is MY HOLIDAY and I always go big or go home for the holidays (annual big party, real Christmas tree, presents galore, baking, Secret Santas, you name it), but this year we hosted a Friendsgiving gathering.[Read more…]
- This cape scarf looks perfect and so comfy for airplane travel.
- Luke says “Happy Fall”!
- We’ll be heading to Sicily, Italy for Christmas so naturally I’m already thinking of everything I have to pack for the kiddos and myself. Another thing on my mind – how to handle “Santa”. We’ll be staying in an Airbnb so we can definitely do the whole milk and cookies thing, I’m talking about the present thing. Ava is 4.5 years old so at the prime age where the magic of Santa is everything and the concept of Christmas presents is at its utmost peak. I think I have settled on packing several small wrapped presents (like this) for her to open on actual Christmas day and then will have her big Santa gift and maybe some other presents ready to open either before we leave on our trip or after we come back. (Luke being 16 months is in happy oblivion, so emulate what I do with Ava for him). Any advice or thoughts on this?
- How to Help a Child After a Bad Day
- This dress would be so versatile.
With the holiday season basically in full swing, I thought this question was a timely one as office parties and gatherings (official and unofficial) may be popping up left and right over the next two months![Read more…]
Last Friday Tommy and I had the best date night ever. What did we do? We had an at-home-couples massage!
That’s right! My friend Allison had told me about Zeel, basically a massage-on-demand company, the week before. It’s a network of licensed therapists who will come to your home 7 days a week 8am until 11:30pm (the last booking of the day).[Read more…]
Happy cold and rainy Tuesday from DC! If you had Veteran’s Day off yesterday, I hope you enjoyed it. Let’s dive into this week’s Tidbits shall we?!
- Getting excited for our Friendsgiving gathering this Saturday! I put in an order for some delicious pies at Dog Tag Bakery this past weekend. 🙂
- Love this photo I snapped yesterday at the Old Town Alex waterfront.
- I watched Holiday in the Wild yesterday and loved it. Of course, the holiday tilt helped, but I loved the message of the film too. And, hello, it’s also a RomCom.
- Anyone else started fine-tuning their Christmas shopping list of gifts to buy for friends and family?
- I am contemplating buying this tote for work travel and Christmas travel to Sicily. While I’ve read a lot of great reviews, a friend had a negative review of the bag – particularly the strap. If anyone else has any feedback, good or bad, I would really appreciate it!
Happy “Things That Make Me Happy” Thursday! I feel like this monthly series always sneaks up on me, but I’m so glad that it does. I love seeing and remembering all the great things that are happening around me. Let’s dive right into it![Read more…]
Happy Tuesday ya’ll!
- 12 Genius Travel Hacks for Toddlers
- My favorite musical, RENT, is coming to the National Theatre November 12 – 17! RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters – love. You can buy tickets here.
- I remember my mom and I talking about doing this with Ava when she was old enough when she was a little baby – taking Ava to see the Nutcracker. Now that Ava takes ballet and jazz and is old enough to enjoy the Nutcracker, I decided this is the year to begin this special Christmas decision. The cherry on top? Finding a redacted version of the Nutcracker (because Ava is 4) + a special Christmas Tea. BalletNova Center for Dance for the win!
- My happy, happy boy.
- So, so, so proud of my Washington Nationals!