- I suppose it’s my turn to be sick. I haven’t been feeling well since last Friday and yesterday was probably the worst I felt. I have a doctor’s appointment later this afternoon where I’ll hopefully get prescribed some stronger meds to kick this nasty cough and congestion out for good. Side note: I pride myself in the fact that I rarely get sick sick, so when I do get sick, I mark it in my calendar. Guess when I was sick last? February 2018!
- Please send thoughts and prayers that I feel better before my GALS NASHVILLE trip this weekend and that no one in my family gets this nasty bug. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
- Trying to decide how I feel about this: stop calling Asian women adorable.
- I bought this mascara from Beautycounter and I must say I am loving it.
- We took some professional photos amongst the Cherry Blossoms this past weekend (something that has been on my bucket list for a long time)! We got a few sneak peaks yesterday from the photographer. Love them and cannot wait to see the rest!
As any Type A, kind-of-OCD person is, I’m a sucker for anything “planning” related. So it’s no wonder why I think this planner is adorable and totally useful.
Last Saturday my little family and I ventured to the Blossom Kite Festival on the National Mall. This is an annual, cool & family-friendly, and free event that is part of the whole Cherry Blossom Festival celebration. For one reason or another, I hadn’t been able to make it to previous kite festivals, but am so glad we did this year! Everyone had a blast.[Read more…]
- 5 Essential Truths to Starting a Business
- So excited to wear this dress on repeat this spring and summer!
- Ladies – How Do You Take Back Credit for An Idea You Had?
- Candle advice that is surprisingly helpful and useful.
- Had a dinner double date with our friends Liz and Ling at Earl’s Kitchen & Bar at Tyson’s Corner this past weekend. I had never heard of Earl’s before, but we really liked their food. Turns out its a Canadian restaurant chain with only a few locations in the U.S. (so far!)
Happy Monday ya’ll!
I hope those in the DMV-area enjoyed the beautiful Spring-esque weather (especially on Saturday!) this weekend. Speaking of spring-like weather, Tommy and I took the day off last Thursday so we could go to the Washington Nationals Season Home Opener and we were blessed with amazing baseball weather, which was a huge bonus.[Read more…]
Happy Friday ya’ll!
I’ve decided to start a new series on the blog called “Frugal Friday”! Every Friday I’ll share an economically-friendly item, experience, or opportunity that I think you all might enjoy. While I’m all for the finer things in life (in moderation), sometimes it’s equally fulfilling to find amazing things at affordable prices as well. 🙂[Read more…]
It’s that time of the month again – for me to reflect on the things that are making me happy. As always, please play along in the comments![Read more…]
- I think Ava needs one of these.
- I found this “sorry” article one of the most fascinating things I’ve read recently. I know I do this more often than not and now I’m going to catch myself when I’m about to utter this word.
- So yes, Tommy and I are about 9 years behind from when the TV show, The Office, last aired in 2013 (minus syndication), but we have settled into a new, fun evening routine that I look forward to every day – once the kiddos are in bed, we’ll each have a glass of wine and watch a couple episodes of The Office together. We are currently more than halfway through Season 3. It’s the little things ya’ll.
- If the weather holds this coming weekend, I would love to take the kids to the Blossom Kite Festival on Saturday. Will we see any of you there?!
- We’ve become fans of Nook, another indoor play area with a couple locations around town (Mosaic District and Ballston).
Happy Monday everyone! Hope ya’ll had a great weekend. We had a busy weekend over here – on Saturday we watched one of Ava’s friends for the day and yesterday we had Ava’s regularly-scheduled swim class in the late-morning, followed by two birthday parties. 🙂[Read more…]
Last Saturday evening Tommy and I had a great double date with our friends Kathryn and Matt. Both of our daughters, Ava and Addie, now go to the same preschool and their preschool offers a monthly “Parents Night Out”. For $30 (per kid), you can drop your kiddo off at the preschool on the chosen Saturday from 4:30pm – 8:30pm and be assured that they will get fed and be taken care of for those said hours. It’s a dream![Read more…]