Hi friends! Hope you are well, healthy, and are staying inside as much as you can (with the exception of buying necessities and getting outside when you can). How are you spending your ab(normal) days so far? Please tell me in the “comments”![Read more…]
- Buy gift cards – Want to help small businesses right now who are feeling the pains of social distancing? Buy a gift card from them. Even if you aren’t buying anything else because you’re stuck at home, you can give your local shops a vote of confidence by spending even $25 on a gift card to use later, when life returns to normal.
- Don’t cancel, reschedule – In a similar vein, for small businesses that provide a service, if you have to postpone your event, don’t flat-out cancel it altogether, postpone it and then find a good time to reschedule the celebration, whatever it may be.
- Order takeout or delivery – Your favorite restaurants may have had to shut their doors, but many of them still offer takeout or delivery. Not only does that keep the business going, it also provides income for delivery drivers. (Many food delivery companies have sent out updates regarding their sanitation guidelines and practices).
- Say Thank You – To all the people on the frontlines of this pandemic. This includes grocery store employees, pharmacists, nurses, and doctors.
- Volunteer or give back – If you feel comfortable and are able, volunteer at a food bank or another place that is ensuring that vulnerable communities are getting water and food. Or make a donation to an organization doing the above or making sure the millions of school children who aren’t going to school anymore can still get a healthy breakfast and lunch or an organization whose mission is to make sure all Americans can engage their differences constructively, particularly at a time of crises.
How are ya’ll doing?
Such an interesting time for our country and our world right? I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy during this unprecedented and uncertain time.[Read more…]
Spring and Summer are in the air! And that means, dress and sandal weather. I cannot wait.
I will be stacking up on these numbers.[Read more…]
- What Not to Write in Your Resignation Letter
- Are you St. Patrick’s Day ready?
- We went to Vanish Farmwoods Brewery yesterday for a friend’s birthday celebration. It was wonderful. I loved my sour beer and brisket nachos I ordered, there was a good live band playing music, the weather was gorgeous, and they have a huge playground for kiddos. What is there not to love?
- I’m really hoping we don’t have to cancel our family trip to Lake Tahoe the first week of April due to Coronavirus….
- This Spring Asparagus Risotto looks divine.
While there are many wistful things about your kids growing up too fast, there are some perks to your children growing up as well. In Ava and my world that includes being travel buddies!
When Katie and I were in New York last fall for her Babymoon, we decided that she and I would throw a Sip and See for Baby Elizabeth a couple of months after she was born. And that is exactly what we did.[Read more…]
Happy Friday! Boy do I have a fun giveaway for ya’ll today!
My dad always wanted to take my little brother and I to one of these performances/games, but we could never make it work. So – let me live one of my childhood would-be experiences through you and your kiddo![Read more…]
A few Saturdays ago, Maria invited my kiddos and me (and Tommy) to attend her Saturday morning Tinkergarten class at Belle Haven Park. Having never heard of Tinkergarten, I was immediately intrigued and after some research, incredibly impressed with this organization, and promptly accepted her invitation![Read more…]
Happy Super Tuesday, ya’ll! If your state is voting today – go out and rock the vote. 🙂[Read more…]
I am so excited that Ava is now of the age where we can really start playing board games together! I think I’m going to create a tradition that every Friday night is pizza and game night in our house. 🙂[Read more…]