1. I am currently reading Mr. Penumbra’s 24 hour bookstore for book club this month. While I ordinarily wouldn’t have gravitated towards this book, I’m glad to have gotten the chance to read it. It’s pretty interesting so far. I have about 100 more pages to read – hopefully I can do it by this Sunday! [Read more…]
1. Remember when I was really hankering for a crock-pot? We got one this weekend! Tommy and I are excited to start cooking things in it. I spent some of this weekend looking at crock-pot recipes online. There are a couple that I am really eager to try, one of them being French onion soup. 🙂 [Read more…]
1. I have this desire (albeit, strange) to buy a crock- pot immediately. It began while we were in Maine for Christmas. I watched my sister-in-law cook all these delicious meals in hers and I got inspired. Namely because it seems to be the perfect thing to have to cook weeknight meals, when the last thing you want to do when you walk in the door is cook dinner, but the first thing you want when you walk in the door is dinner. It also probably doesn’t help that a lot of my friends are writing and talking about all these tasty crock pot meals they are cooking. [Read more…]
1. On Friday night my friend Lara and I went to see Good People at Arena Stage. We both really liked it a lot. I thought it was very funny and very witty. According to the website the play runs 2 hours and 10 minutes, but honestly it seemed over in a heartbeat. The play’s timing was so quick and precise I was able to stay engaged the entire time. I thought the woman who played the main character, Margie, was phenomenal. Lara and I both would definitely recommend seeing this.
2. I had been wanting to try Spring Mill Bread Co. on 8th Street/Barracks Row ever since my friend Max told me he bought a loaf of bread there specifically to make french toast one weekend morning and it was superb. I got my chance on Saturday because I was meeting a friend for coffee so I bought of loaf of their Cinnamon Swirl bread. I made french toast the very next morning after my 6 mile run and it was divine! [Read more…]
1. Per my half-marathon training I have to do a 5k race. My two friends (and former colleagues) were hosting their blog’s first annual 5k this past weekend and even though its race date was a week earlier than when I was supposed to run a 5k, I wanted to do the race to support them and to get some more running practice in. So per the advice of my friend Katie I just switched this week and next week’s training program to incorporate this 5k into my training. (Instead of doing a 6 mile run for my long run on Sunday, I did the 5k this past Saturday. I will do the 6 mile run next Sunday).
It was cold outside, but the run was so much fun! To top it all off my friends were holding a raffle for a $50 gift card to City Sports and guess who won?! Yours truly. 🙂 [Read more…]
1. I thought Michelle Obama’s Inaugural gown was absolutely stunning. Rockin’ the red!
2. Revenge is currently my favorite TV show right now. While I admit I have a handful of favorite shows, Revenge has inched its way to the top. If you have seen it before, you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t, start watching it! [Read more…]
1. In keeping with my desire to hang out on U Street more, I met up with some friends at the Brixton for drinks (unfortunately we couldn’t order food on the rooftop bar, so I guess I’ll have to go back again…) before heading to the 9:30 Club for a Lady Gaga vs. Madonna vs. Boy Band dance party with DJ Lil ‘E. Naturally we all danced our faces off! [Read more…]
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! [Read more…]
1. To those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating with friends, family, and loved ones. This morning Tommy and I will spend time opening presents with his eldest brother Joe, his wife Dawn and their family and then we’ll head over to his older sister’s house where we’ll celebrate with his entire family (brothers & sisters, their families and significant others and his parents). We’ll also do our big Secret Santa swap then. I hope the person I was assigned to likes his/her gifts. 🙂 [Read more…]