Hope everyone (who celebrates) had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time with family in Maine. However being stuck in horrific traffic on both legs of our trip was not the best, but we survived![Read more…]
Happy Tuesday before Thanksgiving my friends! My family and I will be making our way to Portland to spend Turkey Day with all of Tommy’s family later today. I’ll be taking the rest of the week off from blogging to be present with all of my in-laws. Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving.
- Why We Should Update Our Linkedin Accounts
- I found my Thanksgiving outfit this year (in dark green).
- We ate well at my office’s Thanksgiving potluck yesterday! (This was only one small table).
- No shame in our game – we put up our Christmas tree last night. Has anyone else done the same? Stay tuned for some photos.
- The question of questions – Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie?
- This cape scarf looks perfect and so comfy for airplane travel.
- Luke says “Happy Fall”!
- We’ll be heading to Sicily, Italy for Christmas so naturally I’m already thinking of everything I have to pack for the kiddos and myself. Another thing on my mind – how to handle “Santa”. We’ll be staying in an Airbnb so we can definitely do the whole milk and cookies thing, I’m talking about the present thing. Ava is 4.5 years old so at the prime age where the magic of Santa is everything and the concept of Christmas presents is at its utmost peak. I think I have settled on packing several small wrapped presents (like this) for her to open on actual Christmas day and then will have her big Santa gift and maybe some other presents ready to open either before we leave on our trip or after we come back. (Luke being 16 months is in happy oblivion, so emulate what I do with Ava for him). Any advice or thoughts on this?
- How to Help a Child After a Bad Day
- This dress would be so versatile.
Happy cold and rainy Tuesday from DC! If you had Veteran’s Day off yesterday, I hope you enjoyed it. Let’s dive into this week’s Tidbits shall we?!
- Getting excited for our Friendsgiving gathering this Saturday! I put in an order for some delicious pies at Dog Tag Bakery this past weekend. 🙂
- Love this photo I snapped yesterday at the Old Town Alex waterfront.
- I watched Holiday in the Wild yesterday and loved it. Of course, the holiday tilt helped, but I loved the message of the film too. And, hello, it’s also a RomCom.
- Anyone else started fine-tuning their Christmas shopping list of gifts to buy for friends and family?
- I am contemplating buying this tote for work travel and Christmas travel to Sicily. While I’ve read a lot of great reviews, a friend had a negative review of the bag – particularly the strap. If anyone else has any feedback, good or bad, I would really appreciate it!
Happy Tuesday ya’ll!
- 12 Genius Travel Hacks for Toddlers
- My favorite musical, RENT, is coming to the National Theatre November 12 – 17! RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters – love. You can buy tickets here.
- I remember my mom and I talking about doing this with Ava when she was old enough when she was a little baby – taking Ava to see the Nutcracker. Now that Ava takes ballet and jazz and is old enough to enjoy the Nutcracker, I decided this is the year to begin this special Christmas decision. The cherry on top? Finding a redacted version of the Nutcracker (because Ava is 4) + a special Christmas Tea. BalletNova Center for Dance for the win!
- My happy, happy boy.
- So, so, so proud of my Washington Nationals!
Happy Tuesday before Halloween! Or as I like to refer to it:
- Do or die day for the Washington Nationals….
- I’m not sure I agree with this move, seems like a prime audience.
- Where Women Fall Behind at Work
- I worked on a fabulous Friendsgiving Wedding styled photo shoot with some amazing vendors last week. Cannot wait to see the rest of the photos!
5. I’m in need of some cute fall booties...
- My Fall Wardrobe Inspiration
- Have you ever heard of Birdies shoes? Katie wore a pair in NYC and my eyes were immediately drawn to the stylish and comfy flats (she let me try them on). Ya’ll know I live in flats, so I promptly bought a pair last night with the promo code she gave me. I’ll let you know what I think of them!
- Gorgeous flowers
- We’re heading to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware for the upcoming long weekend. We have never been here before, but it’s always a local beach trip I’ve wanted to take. If you have any restaurant or kid-friendly activity suggestions, please leave them in the comments!
- I’m still holding out hope for my Nats to advance tomorrow night. We can do it! #stayinthefight
Happy Tuesday! I’m on the train heading back home after a wonderful NYC trip with my sweet friend Katie. Look out for a recap later this week of where we wined and dined![Read more…]
- Don’t forget to enter my Escape To Margaritaville Giveaway!!!
- Women Won’t Achieve True Power Until We Start Talking Frankly About Money
- 9 Things a Woman Couldn’t Do in 1971 in America
- I bought this dress over the weekend – and promptly bought 2 more in different prints.
- We had a lovely celebration in honor of Tommy’s mom yesterday in Portland. (She passed away in early-July).
- 4 Ways to Deal with Work Favoritism – When You Aren’t the Favorite
- Lately I have been using Maple Holistics Argan Shampoo and I love what it is doing to my hair! (Full disclosure they did send me a free bottle to try, but opinions are my own). I feel and have been told my hair looks silkier and fuller. I can’t wait to also try the conditioner.
- As you may have seen on Insta, the fam and I were in Omaha this weekend for my friend Meg’s wedding. Here’s probably my most favorite photo from the whole weekend. Stay tuned for an Omaha recap next week!
- Seasonal Roots just keeps killing it! Now they have a burger bundle you can buy. We sampled it a couple of weeks ago for dinner and it hit the spot in terms of taste, ease, and convenience! If you are interested in signing up for Seasonal Roots deliveries use the code BEEinDC.
- Praying for all those affected by Dorian….