When you all take a vacation, domestically and/or internationally, how do you choose to see as much as you can that destination in the short time you have?[Read more…]
Happy Tuesday! Today I’m sharing some snapshots from Sicily (and Rome).[Read more…]
Ava loves to travel. Maybe it’s in her blood (hello, have you met her Mama? ;-)), maybe it’s because she started traveling at one month, but she loves it.
I knew selling her on our trip to Sicily would be easy, but I still wanted to find fun things for her to do and learn on our international trip.[Read more…]
- I love this idea.
- Here are some of my Home Refresh/ Wish List items for the new year – get a chandelier for our dining room (love this one and this one), new island chairs, frame some photos to hang on the walls.
- Fresh lemons for sale in Sicily.
- It took me awhile to get into One Day in December on Audible, but now I’m simply hooked. (Good thing to, because it seems like I may have been the ONLY person who wasn’t raving about this book last year.)
- We’re already planning our next family adventure – to Lake Tahoe in April! We have never been, so we welcome any tips – restaurants, things to do, things to do with kids, etc.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hello! I wanted to share for this month’s “things that make me happy” some of the purchases I made in preparation for our Christmas trip to Sicily that helped make our first international trip with two kiddos that much more easy and manageable.[Read more…]
Happy Tuesday ya’ll! Hope you are having a great week so far. This Tuesday Tidbits will be the last of 2019 for me. My clan and I head to Sicily this Friday so I’ll be taking the rest of December to hang out with my family and eat all the pasta and drink all the wine I can. 🙂 Looking forward to continuing this fun series in the new year![Read more…]
Anyone else travel a lot for work? I will admit, 99% of my work trips are pretty back-to-back with meetings and events. Even if I know my upcoming trip will be crazy busy, there are three things that I generally try to research in advance should I need them in a pinch.[Read more…]
- This cape scarf looks perfect and so comfy for airplane travel.
- Luke says “Happy Fall”!
- We’ll be heading to Sicily, Italy for Christmas so naturally I’m already thinking of everything I have to pack for the kiddos and myself. Another thing on my mind – how to handle “Santa”. We’ll be staying in an Airbnb so we can definitely do the whole milk and cookies thing, I’m talking about the present thing. Ava is 4.5 years old so at the prime age where the magic of Santa is everything and the concept of Christmas presents is at its utmost peak. I think I have settled on packing several small wrapped presents (like this) for her to open on actual Christmas day and then will have her big Santa gift and maybe some other presents ready to open either before we leave on our trip or after we come back. (Luke being 16 months is in happy oblivion, so emulate what I do with Ava for him). Any advice or thoughts on this?
- How to Help a Child After a Bad Day
- This dress would be so versatile.
Happy Tuesday ya’ll!
- 12 Genius Travel Hacks for Toddlers
- My favorite musical, RENT, is coming to the National Theatre November 12 – 17! RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters – love. You can buy tickets here.
- I remember my mom and I talking about doing this with Ava when she was old enough when she was a little baby – taking Ava to see the Nutcracker. Now that Ava takes ballet and jazz and is old enough to enjoy the Nutcracker, I decided this is the year to begin this special Christmas decision. The cherry on top? Finding a redacted version of the Nutcracker (because Ava is 4) + a special Christmas Tea. BalletNova Center for Dance for the win!
- My happy, happy boy.
- So, so, so proud of my Washington Nationals!
Well, we saw and we conquered Rehoboth Beach a couple of weekends ago over Columbus Day weekend! Since Rehoboth is pretty close to D.C. – it’s on the Delaware shore, about a 2.5 hour drive from D.C. – it’s a no-brainer for a road trip with or without kids. It has always been on my travel bucket list, so it felt good to check this guy off![Read more…]