Anyone else travel a lot for work? I will admit, 99% of my work trips are pretty back-to-back with meetings and events. Even if I know my upcoming trip will be crazy busy, there are three things that I generally try to research in advance should I need them in a pinch.[Read more…]
- This cape scarf looks perfect and so comfy for airplane travel.
- Luke says “Happy Fall”!
- We’ll be heading to Sicily, Italy for Christmas so naturally I’m already thinking of everything I have to pack for the kiddos and myself. Another thing on my mind – how to handle “Santa”. We’ll be staying in an Airbnb so we can definitely do the whole milk and cookies thing, I’m talking about the present thing. Ava is 4.5 years old so at the prime age where the magic of Santa is everything and the concept of Christmas presents is at its utmost peak. I think I have settled on packing several small wrapped presents (like this) for her to open on actual Christmas day and then will have her big Santa gift and maybe some other presents ready to open either before we leave on our trip or after we come back. (Luke being 16 months is in happy oblivion, so emulate what I do with Ava for him). Any advice or thoughts on this?
- How to Help a Child After a Bad Day
- This dress would be so versatile.
Happy Tuesday ya’ll!
- 12 Genius Travel Hacks for Toddlers
- My favorite musical, RENT, is coming to the National Theatre November 12 – 17! RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters – love. You can buy tickets here.
- I remember my mom and I talking about doing this with Ava when she was old enough when she was a little baby – taking Ava to see the Nutcracker. Now that Ava takes ballet and jazz and is old enough to enjoy the Nutcracker, I decided this is the year to begin this special Christmas decision. The cherry on top? Finding a redacted version of the Nutcracker (because Ava is 4) + a special Christmas Tea. BalletNova Center for Dance for the win!
- My happy, happy boy.
- So, so, so proud of my Washington Nationals!
Well, we saw and we conquered Rehoboth Beach a couple of weekends ago over Columbus Day weekend! Since Rehoboth is pretty close to D.C. – it’s on the Delaware shore, about a 2.5 hour drive from D.C. – it’s a no-brainer for a road trip with or without kids. It has always been on my travel bucket list, so it felt good to check this guy off![Read more…]
Up until my New York City trip with my friend Katie earlier this month, my answer would have been no – I had never been to a psychic nor had any desire to go to one. I have several friends that love going to them for fun and while it sounded like a cool experience, it never interested me enough to actually go see one. (I did accompany my mom to see one on the Atlantic City boardwalk several years ago, but I didn’t actively participate).[Read more…]
- My Fall Wardrobe Inspiration
- Have you ever heard of Birdies shoes? Katie wore a pair in NYC and my eyes were immediately drawn to the stylish and comfy flats (she let me try them on). Ya’ll know I live in flats, so I promptly bought a pair last night with the promo code she gave me. I’ll let you know what I think of them!
- Gorgeous flowers
- We’re heading to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware for the upcoming long weekend. We have never been here before, but it’s always a local beach trip I’ve wanted to take. If you have any restaurant or kid-friendly activity suggestions, please leave them in the comments!
- I’m still holding out hope for my Nats to advance tomorrow night. We can do it! #stayinthefight
As to be expected Katie and I had a blast on our trip to New York City this past weekend. Truth be told, we planned this trip around eating, but who can blame us?! Here are the highlights of where we ate.[Read more…]
Hello! I’m getting super excited for my NYC trip Part 2 with my friend Katie this weekend![Read more…]
Well, we made it to Thursday guys! Hope your week has been treating you well. I feel like this week flew by. It’s hard to believe that our Labor Day weekend trip to Omaha, Nebraska for our dear friend Meg’s wedding was almost three weeks ago![Read more…]
Happy Thursday! Anyone else feel like this week just flew by? Here are some of the things that are making me smile. As always, please feel to play along in the comments. 🙂[Read more…]