Hope everyone (who celebrates) had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time with family in Maine. However being stuck in horrific traffic on both legs of our trip was not the best, but we survived![Read more…]
- This cape scarf looks perfect and so comfy for airplane travel.
- Luke says “Happy Fall”!
- We’ll be heading to Sicily, Italy for Christmas so naturally I’m already thinking of everything I have to pack for the kiddos and myself. Another thing on my mind – how to handle “Santa”. We’ll be staying in an Airbnb so we can definitely do the whole milk and cookies thing, I’m talking about the present thing. Ava is 4.5 years old so at the prime age where the magic of Santa is everything and the concept of Christmas presents is at its utmost peak. I think I have settled on packing several small wrapped presents (like this) for her to open on actual Christmas day and then will have her big Santa gift and maybe some other presents ready to open either before we leave on our trip or after we come back. (Luke being 16 months is in happy oblivion, so emulate what I do with Ava for him). Any advice or thoughts on this?
- How to Help a Child After a Bad Day
- This dress would be so versatile.
Happy cold and rainy Tuesday from DC! If you had Veteran’s Day off yesterday, I hope you enjoyed it. Let’s dive into this week’s Tidbits shall we?!
- Getting excited for our Friendsgiving gathering this Saturday! I put in an order for some delicious pies at Dog Tag Bakery this past weekend. 🙂
- Love this photo I snapped yesterday at the Old Town Alex waterfront.
- I watched Holiday in the Wild yesterday and loved it. Of course, the holiday tilt helped, but I loved the message of the film too. And, hello, it’s also a RomCom.
- Anyone else started fine-tuning their Christmas shopping list of gifts to buy for friends and family?
- I am contemplating buying this tote for work travel and Christmas travel to Sicily. While I’ve read a lot of great reviews, a friend had a negative review of the bag – particularly the strap. If anyone else has any feedback, good or bad, I would really appreciate it!
Happy “Things That Make Me Happy” Thursday! I feel like this monthly series always sneaks up on me, but I’m so glad that it does. I love seeing and remembering all the great things that are happening around me. Let’s dive right into it![Read more…]
Happy Tuesday ya’ll!
- 12 Genius Travel Hacks for Toddlers
- My favorite musical, RENT, is coming to the National Theatre November 12 – 17! RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters – love. You can buy tickets here.
- I remember my mom and I talking about doing this with Ava when she was old enough when she was a little baby – taking Ava to see the Nutcracker. Now that Ava takes ballet and jazz and is old enough to enjoy the Nutcracker, I decided this is the year to begin this special Christmas decision. The cherry on top? Finding a redacted version of the Nutcracker (because Ava is 4) + a special Christmas Tea. BalletNova Center for Dance for the win!
- My happy, happy boy.
- So, so, so proud of my Washington Nationals!
Well, we saw and we conquered Rehoboth Beach a couple of weekends ago over Columbus Day weekend! Since Rehoboth is pretty close to D.C. – it’s on the Delaware shore, about a 2.5 hour drive from D.C. – it’s a no-brainer for a road trip with or without kids. It has always been on my travel bucket list, so it felt good to check this guy off![Read more…]
We are in full teething mode over here, so today’s Frugal Friday post is devoted to this.
Happy Tuesday! I’m on the train heading back home after a wonderful NYC trip with my sweet friend Katie. Look out for a recap later this week of where we wined and dined![Read more…]
Well, we made it to Thursday guys! Hope your week has been treating you well. I feel like this week flew by. It’s hard to believe that our Labor Day weekend trip to Omaha, Nebraska for our dear friend Meg’s wedding was almost three weeks ago![Read more…]