Happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but whenever I can find pockets of time to get crafty and creative, I love every minute of it. Last week was Teacher Appreciation at Ava’s preschool and I put together a fun, not-so-expensive gift box for her teacher, Ms. Taimika.[Read more…]
Good morning![Read more…]
Hello and Happy Monday! I hope all the Mamas and Mama-Figures had a wonderful Mother’s Day yesterday. Mine was pretty great, except that it rained pretty much all day yesterday. But as I told Tommy, we had been blessed with picture-perfect weather the last two Mother’s Day weekends, so I guess rain one year was imminent. We made the best of it though![Read more…]
Happy Tuesday, ya’ll![Read more…]
I still can’t quite believe I had never been to the National Arboretum in D.C. until a couple weekends ago with our friends Allison and George and their kids.
The Arboretum spans 446 acres and is located 2.2 miles northeast of the Capitol building. It is a beautiful, lush escape right in the city. The arboretum functions as a major center of botanical research. It conducts research on trees, flowering plants, shrubs and turf, as well as the development of plants.[Read more…]
It’s that time of the month again – for me to reflect on the things that are making me happy. As always, please play along in the comments![Read more…]
Hi ya’ll! Happy Hump Day. I thought it would be fun to share what Ava and Luke’s Easter baskets are looking like this year.[Read more…]
How adorable is this toddler dress? It’s perfect for an Easter gathering or spring brunch. I think it has Ava’s name all over it![Read more…]
- I suppose it’s my turn to be sick. I haven’t been feeling well since last Friday and yesterday was probably the worst I felt. I have a doctor’s appointment later this afternoon where I’ll hopefully get prescribed some stronger meds to kick this nasty cough and congestion out for good. Side note: I pride myself in the fact that I rarely get sick sick, so when I do get sick, I mark it in my calendar. Guess when I was sick last? February 2018!
- Please send thoughts and prayers that I feel better before my GALS NASHVILLE trip this weekend and that no one in my family gets this nasty bug. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
- Trying to decide how I feel about this: stop calling Asian women adorable.
- I bought this mascara from Beautycounter and I must say I am loving it.
- We took some professional photos amongst the Cherry Blossoms this past weekend (something that has been on my bucket list for a long time)! We got a few sneak peaks yesterday from the photographer. Love them and cannot wait to see the rest!
Last Saturday my little family and I ventured to the Blossom Kite Festival on the National Mall. This is an annual, cool & family-friendly, and free event that is part of the whole Cherry Blossom Festival celebration. For one reason or another, I hadn’t been able to make it to previous kite festivals, but am so glad we did this year! Everyone had a blast.[Read more…]