Hi ya’ll, here we are on – another Monday. How are things going for you? I am going on week number two of working from home full-time, as a result of Covid-19. Here are some things I have learned along the way that have really resonated.[Read more…]
A few Saturdays ago, Maria invited my kiddos and me (and Tommy) to attend her Saturday morning Tinkergarten class at Belle Haven Park. Having never heard of Tinkergarten, I was immediately intrigued and after some research, incredibly impressed with this organization, and promptly accepted her invitation![Read more…]
Hello, hello, hello! How is it the end of February? Pretty crazy right? Well, I have a lot to be happy about this month. As always, please join in on the fun and tell me in the Comments what or who is making you smile. 🙂[Read more…]
Anyone else travel a lot for work? I will admit, 99% of my work trips are pretty back-to-back with meetings and events. Even if I know my upcoming trip will be crazy busy, there are three things that I generally try to research in advance should I need them in a pinch.[Read more…]
Last Friday Tommy and I had the best date night ever. What did we do? We had an at-home-couples massage!
That’s right! My friend Allison had told me about Zeel, basically a massage-on-demand company, the week before. It’s a network of licensed therapists who will come to your home 7 days a week 8am until 11:30pm (the last booking of the day).[Read more…]
- 4 Ways to Deal with Work Favoritism – When You Aren’t the Favorite
- Lately I have been using Maple Holistics Argan Shampoo and I love what it is doing to my hair! (Full disclosure they did send me a free bottle to try, but opinions are my own). I feel and have been told my hair looks silkier and fuller. I can’t wait to also try the conditioner.
- As you may have seen on Insta, the fam and I were in Omaha this weekend for my friend Meg’s wedding. Here’s probably my most favorite photo from the whole weekend. Stay tuned for an Omaha recap next week!
- Seasonal Roots just keeps killing it! Now they have a burger bundle you can buy. We sampled it a couple of weeks ago for dinner and it hit the spot in terms of taste, ease, and convenience! If you are interested in signing up for Seasonal Roots deliveries use the code BEEinDC.
- Praying for all those affected by Dorian….
- I’ve always wanted to become a light packer…
- The language of flowers
- How to negotiate a counter offer with your boss
- Loving this dress
- And here is to you, August. Otherwise known as Luke’s Birthday Month!!! I cannot quite believe that he will be turning 1 in 2 weeks. It is absolutely shocking to me. More on that later. 🙂 One of the things that I really wanted to do post giving birth, was get back into shape at my own speed and capacity. This included getting back into my yoga practice. I have to say I am pretty pleased with my journey so far. I’m building strength, testing my flexibility again, and definitely feel stronger in my upper body. One of the things I knew I needed to work towards again was feeling like I could successfully finish hot power yoga class. I immediately started going to slow flow yoga classes and a hot slow flow yoga classes as soon as my OB gave me permission, but a HOT POWER YOGA CLASS was the goal. I am proud to report that I have gone to a handful of these classes and felt good (and sweaty and like the class kicked my butt!) One of the things that I knew I needed to upgrade was my yoga mat, given how much I knew I would sweat and how active I would be in class. I found this information extremely helpful when deciding which mat to buy. I loved all the in-depth reviews and loved the comparison infographic. I especially loved the importance the researchers put on eco-friendliness in terms of the different yoga mat offerings. I ultimately decided to buy my yoga mat from Lululemon and I’ve been very pleased so far.
And just like that it’s Tuesday again – and the last week in July. Yikes! Here is your weekly Tidbits:[Read more…]