Okay friends, dare I say I may become a Parrot Head? Tommy and I had another great date night at the National Theater (thank you!) where we saw Jimmy Buffet’s Escape to Margaritaville and we both simply loved it. It was really good.[Read more…]
- 4 Ways to Deal with Work Favoritism – When You Aren’t the Favorite
- Lately I have been using Maple Holistics Argan Shampoo and I love what it is doing to my hair! (Full disclosure they did send me a free bottle to try, but opinions are my own). I feel and have been told my hair looks silkier and fuller. I can’t wait to also try the conditioner.
- As you may have seen on Insta, the fam and I were in Omaha this weekend for my friend Meg’s wedding. Here’s probably my most favorite photo from the whole weekend. Stay tuned for an Omaha recap next week!
- Seasonal Roots just keeps killing it! Now they have a burger bundle you can buy. We sampled it a couple of weeks ago for dinner and it hit the spot in terms of taste, ease, and convenience! If you are interested in signing up for Seasonal Roots deliveries use the code BEEinDC.
- Praying for all those affected by Dorian….
- I’ve always wanted to become a light packer…
- The language of flowers
- How to negotiate a counter offer with your boss
- Loving this dress
- And here is to you, August. Otherwise known as Luke’s Birthday Month!!! I cannot quite believe that he will be turning 1 in 2 weeks. It is absolutely shocking to me. More on that later. 🙂 One of the things that I really wanted to do post giving birth, was get back into shape at my own speed and capacity. This included getting back into my yoga practice. I have to say I am pretty pleased with my journey so far. I’m building strength, testing my flexibility again, and definitely feel stronger in my upper body. One of the things I knew I needed to work towards again was feeling like I could successfully finish hot power yoga class. I immediately started going to slow flow yoga classes and a hot slow flow yoga classes as soon as my OB gave me permission, but a HOT POWER YOGA CLASS was the goal. I am proud to report that I have gone to a handful of these classes and felt good (and sweaty and like the class kicked my butt!) One of the things that I knew I needed to upgrade was my yoga mat, given how much I knew I would sweat and how active I would be in class. I found this information extremely helpful when deciding which mat to buy. I loved all the in-depth reviews and loved the comparison infographic. I especially loved the importance the researchers put on eco-friendliness in terms of the different yoga mat offerings. I ultimately decided to buy my yoga mat from Lululemon and I’ve been very pleased so far.
One thing that I can say Tommy and I have been very good at lately, despite all the craziness of life, is taking time to do date nights or date days. This past Saturday night I treated Tommy to see his favorite band, 311, perform at Merriweather Post Pavilion. It was a great night all around![Read more…]
And just like that it’s Tuesday again – and the last week in July. Yikes! Here is your weekly Tidbits:[Read more…]
Who would like the opportunity to buy fresh veggies, fruit, dairy and meat products for you and/or your family? Everyone right? Well Seasonal Roots, essentially an online farmer’s market, is your answer. 🙂[Read more…]
A week vacation on the Outer Banks in North Carolina was exactly what our family needed after a busy and grueling work trip to Boise for me the week prior and the everyday hustle and bustle for everyone. It’s always nice to get away and if the “away” includes a beach and sunshine, what is better than that?[Read more…]
I don’t know about you, but I love me some grilled asparagus, especially when the weather gets warm. Grilled asparagus is typically my go- to for a veggie side dish with dinner or whenever we have people over to grill out or we go to someone’s house to grill out.[Read more…]
Happy Tuesday, ya’ll![Read more…]