- 6 Hours a Week to a Better Relationship
- We attended Stone Tower Winery’s Wine Country Boil this year and it was wonderful. Couldn’t have asked for better weather and the food and wine were very tasty. I think we’ll make this an annual thing!
Remember the series “Currently” I began in the earlier years of my blog? Something made me want to do a more current “Currently” as I couldn’t remember the last time I did one – February 10, 2017 guys. We are waaay overdue for one.[Read more…]
Saturday in the DMV area really felt like fall had arrived, didn’t it? The sky was a little cloudy and overcast (we had a light drizzle for a little bit, which added to the delightful temperature) and the weather was cool and crisp that you actually needed a light jacket and/or a long-sleeved shirt.
And by some struck of luck, that was the day I decided it would be fun for our family of four to go apple-picking at Hollin Farms! In addition to there be no better way to kick off the fall season (and get excited for pumpkin patches next month), both Ava and Luke have recently rekindled their love affair with red apples, so I figured they would like picking their own red apples.[Read more…]
This month’s “things that make me happy” will be focused on our Labor Day weekend trip to Charlottesville. We decided to take a little family trip Friday to Sunday to signal the end of summer and beginning a new season and school year![Read more…]
We had some VIPs visit us this weekend. My good friend Tiffany and one of her sons, Cole, visited us from Greenwich![Read more…]
Happy Tuesday ya’ll! Hope your day is going well so far. Here are a few things I’ve been up to/have been on my mind.[Read more…]
Hello! Hope you’re week is going wonderfully. Here are some things that are bringing a smile to my face this month. As always, please play along in the Comments. 🙂[Read more…]
Last week at the beach in the Outer Banks was exactly what we needed ya’ll. We were able to get a much needed change of scenery and had fun alternating between the beach and pool (our beach house had a pool) daily. While we cooked most of our meals, we did order take-away for dinner twice from Sonny’s Restaurant and Sandbar and Grill, and Tommy was able to ride a jet-ski for a bit one day.
Here are some photos if you would like to see![Read more…]
- 6 Home Styling Tips We Learned from Nancy Meyers (Something’s Gotta Give, It’s Complicated)
- Come join me for yoga outside at the Air Force Memorial on Monday, August 10th at noon! Click here to register. Here is your Bee in DC discount code – summer20
- I ordered a couple delicious-smelling candles from Big Yellow Dog, a local business in Alexandria that makes candles in recycled wine bottles. They donate $2 from each candle sold to Casa Chirilagua. Last day to order candles is August 7th! Order form here.
- This sounds delicious and refreshing!
- Seriously thinking about buying Ava and Luke these disposable and educational placemats!
- Dear Women – Bet on Yourself
- I’m on a homemade avocado toast kick lately.
- So we had to buy this last weekend since Luke decided to climb out of his crib during nap time.
- Anyone else grow up (and adore) these books? How did I miss the memo that an updated series was coming out on Netflix?! P.S. I watched the whole series in 3 days.
- Hop over to my IG here for a big announcement!