And just like that, it’s the Tuesday before Memorial Day weekend. Wow, how did that happen folks? Anyone have any fun, quarantine-style plans? I’m working on ours currently.
- Speaking of, I’m seeing a lot of restaurants and venues offering Memorial Day picnic baskets or bbq meals. I, for one love the idea, and am trying to decide if I will take the plunge on one of them.
- Tommy turned the big 37 yesterday. Cheers to our best guy! (Excluding Luke ;-))
- Such is always the case, I don’t need this super cute sweatshirt, but it gets cold in my home office and it’s on sale…
- A new date was chosen for the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon that was supposed to be in July. It will now be on December 12th. I’m on the fence about running on this new date – mainly because I may have a work conflict in Tucson…
- One of the (many) things I constantly kick myself on is not getting my mom’s fried rice recipe written down before she passed in 2017. That dish was one of our very favorites. The only thing I remember her vividly doing for the recipe was using 1-2 day-old white rice. She said that was key. Other than throwing a bunch of veggies and soy sauce into a wok, that’s all I remember. Believe it or not, this Instant Pot recipe is the closest homemade fried rice I’ve made or tried to what mom made.
Hope you have a wonderful day!