And just like that, it’s Tuesday! Hope your weekend was a good one.[Read more…]
Archives for March 2020
How is everyone doing? We made it to the end of another work week ya’ll…!
I wanted to share a gem of a deal for a local restaurant near where I live (by Old Town Alexandria).[Read more…]
Here are some things bringing a smile to my face during this interesting and uncertain time.
As always, would love to hear what is warming your heart lately in the Comments.[Read more…]
Happy Tuesday![Read more…]
Hi ya’ll, here we are on – another Monday. How are things going for you? I am going on week number two of working from home full-time, as a result of Covid-19. Here are some things I have learned along the way that have really resonated.[Read more…]
Any other mamas (or papas) out there needing activities for your little ones to do during the day? Here is something that almost any little girl can get behind![Read more…]
Hi friends! Hope you are well, healthy, and are staying inside as much as you can (with the exception of buying necessities and getting outside when you can). How are you spending your ab(normal) days so far? Please tell me in the “comments”![Read more…]
- Buy gift cards – Want to help small businesses right now who are feeling the pains of social distancing? Buy a gift card from them. Even if you aren’t buying anything else because you’re stuck at home, you can give your local shops a vote of confidence by spending even $25 on a gift card to use later, when life returns to normal.
- Don’t cancel, reschedule – In a similar vein, for small businesses that provide a service, if you have to postpone your event, don’t flat-out cancel it altogether, postpone it and then find a good time to reschedule the celebration, whatever it may be.
- Order takeout or delivery – Your favorite restaurants may have had to shut their doors, but many of them still offer takeout or delivery. Not only does that keep the business going, it also provides income for delivery drivers. (Many food delivery companies have sent out updates regarding their sanitation guidelines and practices).
- Say Thank You – To all the people on the frontlines of this pandemic. This includes grocery store employees, pharmacists, nurses, and doctors.
- Volunteer or give back – If you feel comfortable and are able, volunteer at a food bank or another place that is ensuring that vulnerable communities are getting water and food. Or make a donation to an organization doing the above or making sure the millions of school children who aren’t going to school anymore can still get a healthy breakfast and lunch or an organization whose mission is to make sure all Americans can engage their differences constructively, particularly at a time of crises.
How are ya’ll doing?
Such an interesting time for our country and our world right? I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy during this unprecedented and uncertain time.[Read more…]
Spring and Summer are in the air! And that means, dress and sandal weather. I cannot wait.
I will be stacking up on these numbers.[Read more…]