Happy “Things That Make Me Happy” Thursday! I feel like this monthly series always sneaks up on me, but I’m so glad that it does. I love seeing and remembering all the great things that are happening around me. Let’s dive right into it!
- SMU Football Watch Party – my alma mater is doing SO well in football again (8-1 baby) and last week our game of the week against Memphis was even aired on primetime! While we did lose this game, our first this year, we still played a great game. It’s so fun to see the SMU Mustangs finally beginning to win again after the death penalty so many years ago. I hosted a few people over for chili and cornbread while we watched the game. It was a great time.
- I have a Lululemon pattern – I typically buy a stash of workout clothes twice a year. Well this past weekend I stocked up on yoga pants. I bought several pairs of these guys and I.LOVE.THEM.
- Halloween Fun – it’s so true what they say, certain holidays are just so much better when kids are involved. Halloween is one of those holidays. It has never been “my holiday” where I get sooooo pumped to dress up, but seeing how excited Ava and her group of friends were last week, was just the cutest and I definitely got into the Halloween spirit. We’re already thinking about what our costumes should be next year!
- One of my oldest DC friends (who I’ve known since moving to DC in 2006, not age wise) , Stephanie, and her husband Christian, are pregnant! Can’t wait to meet your baby girl next year and plan your DC baby shower – hint, hint.
- Friendsgiving at our house – next week we’ll be hosting Friendsgiving at our house and I’m super excited to be planning it! I’ll have a large cheese and charcuterie board for people to nibble on + an assortment of pies. Stay tuned for photos! And local-DC people – if you have suggestions on stores/bakeries to buy some delicious pies, please let me know!
What is making you happy lately?!