Happy Wednesday ya’ll! Hope your week is going well.
I wanted to share a delicious and nutritious recipe I adapted from Pinch of Yum for zucchini muffins over the weekend. I was inspired to make these muffins when my monthly Seasonal Roots order included several zucchini!
And the fact that everyone in my family (especially Luke) loved these muffins, I will be making plenty more!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 8 medjool dates, pitted (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or honey substitution
- 1–2 zucchini, grated (about 2 cups total)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt and/or cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until a chunky batter comes together.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined muffin tin. . Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops gently spring back when you press into them.
If you are interested in signing up for Seasonal Roots deliveries use the code BEEinDC. New members can join for only $10 through August!!! The membership fee is usually $50 for the first year so this is a huge savings!