- Good morning from Pomona, California! I arrived early this morning (1am) and will be here through Friday for a work conference.
Archives for June 2019
Today’s Frugal Friday post is a thrifty, yet fun way to spend a summer afternoon with a kiddo in your life. Who doesn’t want to beat the heat with cool, refreshing water? As a fun alternate to a pool, I suggest finding a nearby splash pad![Read more…]
Happy June! Here are a few things that are making me happy this month. As always, feel free to play along in the Comments![Read more…]
- The Best Way to Tell Your Boss You’ll Be Late for Work
- Let me count the reasons why I love DC.
- Stylish swimsuits for nursing moms
- Love this – go Keanu go!
- Yum! I am making this Edamame Dip tomorrow.
Have a great Tuesday!
One of my most favorite people will be in D.C. for work, Sarah! She will be doing her thang at the American Film Institute’s (AFI) Documentary Festival in D.C. (and Silver Spring, MD) this week.
As one of my longest and most loyal Bee in DC readers, she’s offering an AFI giveaway opp for a lucky reader! Who loves watching documentaries?! I love them which makes me SO excited to give away two tickets to the documentary, Picture Character, during the festival in DC later this week on Sunday, June 23rd at 3:30pm at Landmark E Street Cinema. The filmmakers will even be in attendance![Read more…]
Who would like the opportunity to buy fresh veggies, fruit, dairy and meat products for you and/or your family? Everyone right? Well Seasonal Roots, essentially an online farmer’s market, is your answer. 🙂[Read more…]
- What Type of Airport Person Are You?
- What are your Father’s Day plans? As of now, we have no set plans, but I did tell Tommy to think about what he would like to do. Maybe a family hike/walk somewhere, maybe pay a visit back to Lost Boy Cider?! We went to the grand opening this past weekend and liked the space and the cider!
- One more day until I turn 36! 🙂
Who is never in need of fresh flowers at some point? For a friend’s birthday, for a kid’s performance or play, or just some cheer to bring to your desk? I love, love, love Trader Joe’s small bouquets. They are beautiful, and only $3.99. Who can beat that? And they last for days![Read more…]
A week vacation on the Outer Banks in North Carolina was exactly what our family needed after a busy and grueling work trip to Boise for me the week prior and the everyday hustle and bustle for everyone. It’s always nice to get away and if the “away” includes a beach and sunshine, what is better than that?[Read more…]