Happy Thursday ya’ll!
As most Bee in DC readers know, Tommy and I try to live and lead a healthy and active lifestyle and we certainly intend to have Ava and Luke do the same. So we are all about leading by example, teaching them healthy eating habits and by demonstrating an active lifestyle that includes Tommy and I each working out at least 5 days a week, encouraging outdoor time at the park or taking a hike.
When Seasonal Roots approached me about a partnership, I was immediately intrigued and then downright giddy. (As was Tommy). Seasonal Roots is basically an online farmer’s market with delivery. So you get the best of both worlds – local, fresh, and seasonal goodies delivered right to your doorstep!
Here are the steps:
- Once you sign up to become a member, you can either select a default basket order of of goodies Seasonal Roots chooses for you or you can browse local produce, grass-fed dairy, meat, eggs, and artisan fare in the farmers market and choose what you need and like. Note: While you do have to sign-up to become a member, it is risk-free because if you’re not satisfied in the first 30 days, they will give you a 100% refund of your membership fee.
- Seasonal Roots’ local family farmers pick at the peak of ripeness, knowing you’ll get it fast from Dirt to Doorstep®, while the flavor and nutrients are still fresh.
- On delivery day leave out a cooler and one of their veggie fairies will fill it with your order. Home or office delivery is included.
- BONUS: Seasonal Roots provides recipes with each order.
Seasonal Roots currently delivers in many areas in Virginia that includes Alexandria, Fredericksburg, Richmond, and Virginia Beach. There are plans to start delivering in Maryland very soon! To see if they deliver to your home, go here.
Other Things to Know:
- You do not have to be at home to receive a delivery.
- Seasonal Roots delivers on Wednesdays to Northern Virginia and Fredericksburg. They deliver on Thursdays to Greater Richmond, Hampton Roads, and Virginia Beach. They try to complete all deliveries by 4:00pm.
- What happens if a crop I ordered gets wiped out by weather, bugs, etc? If a force of nature foils the harvest of a basket item, Seasonal Roots will substitute the closest item we can find – for example, yellow squash instead of zucchini. If it’s an Extra item that you ordered, they’ll issue a credit.
All Right – What Does it Cost?
- Members pay an annual membership fee of just $50 for the first year. Each year after that, memberships automatically renew for $35. As a Member, you can order or skip as often as you want.
- Why is there an annual membership fee? Seasonal Roots charges a $50 annual membership fee when a Member joins Seasonal Roots, and then $35 each year after that. The annual membership fee helps support your farmers and gives you privileges like basket customization, unlimited Extra items, and discounted specials on bundles of Extras. The fee is automatically charged on your Seasonal Roots anniversary, unless you’ve turned off automatic renewal for your account.
- For both Members and Guests, the prices of the produce baskets are (excluding tax): Easy Basket (5 choices) – $24.00, Family Basket (8 choices) – $34.00. Veggie Lover Basket (11 choices) – $40.00
- Options in the Extras section range from inexpensive items like baked goods that cost only a couple dollars, to more expensive humanely raised grass-fed meats.
Special Offer for Bee in DC Readers – if you are interested in signing up for Seasonal Roots deliveries use the code BEEinDC so you can get $15 off the $50 membership fee!
Now get to ordering!