Happy Monday Ya’ll!
Apparently I am 6 months pregnant as of Friday – which sounds ABSOLUTELY CRAZY to me. This pregnancy is flying!
Since life has been pretty hectic pretty much as soon as we found out we were pregnant and will only get more hectic, I’m trying not to overwhelm and stress myself out by clearly laying out what I’d like to get done before Luke arrives (and sharing it with Tommy!)
Here are the things on my list:
- Take a Sibling Maternity Tour at the hospital with Ava where we will deliver Luke – scheduled. Not only do I think this will give Tommy and I a good refresher (and our hospital’s maternity wing did a MAJOR renovation after Ava was born three years ago, so I’m excited to see it) to get reacquainted with the hospital, but I think Ava will really like seeing where Luke will be delivered and being part of the experience.
- Take a refresher Childbirth class with Tommy at the hospital – in process. Not going to lie, I’m a little fuzzy.
- Set up Luke’s nursery and buy all the supplies/equipment we need for him as best we can. One “new” thing that didn’t exist when I had Ava? A Boppy Lounger. Now, according to many people, this is something I will definitely want for Luke. Any other “must-have” items I may not know about?
- Plan a Babymoon for Tommy and me.
- Squeeze in some more date nights with Tommy.
- Plan a beach trip for Tommy, Ava, and me. I’m told my sentiments aren’t foreign, but as excited as I am for Luke to make our family complete, I’m a little nervous about what it will do to my current Little Family. The three of us (and Violet) have a really good thing going on right now, and I’m nervous to see what a new baby will do to this routine and rhythm. Thus, I’m wanting to do a few special trips and excursions with Ava while she is still an only child.
- Secure a Night Nurse to help with Luke – in process.
- Take care of a few more “new home” tasks – completing our backyard fence, wallpapering some rooms, finish hanging things on the wall, buying some needed furniture.
I’m all ears on suggestions for things to buy for Luke. It has been 3 years since I’ve had to prep for baby! Send them all my way. 🙂