Hello folks! I’m officially half way through my pregnancy with Luke. (Where did time go?!) Over the weekend, I hit the 20 week mark and yesterday Tommy and I had our 20-week appointment with our doctor. We did another sonogram and saw ALL the things, including the anatomy part that 99.9% confirms this baby is indeed a boy and listened to our sweet boy’s heartbeat again. Two takeaways – big head and strong heartbeat!
Things are beginning to get and feel real, and I’m starting to feel like we have so much still to do in the few months we have until our Little Mister makes his debut.
One decision we have settled on is the general theme for Luke’s nursery. It will be a nautical/Maine theme for several reasons: 1) Tommy’s Maine roots, 2) We both like the nautical theme, 3) It’s a bit preppy (or can be), which I love. 🙂
I thought it would be fun to share some pins that I found that are inspiring my creative juices to flow for this project. P.S. – thank you to everyone who answered my FB question on suggestions for a boy nursery theme. They were all wonderful and so helpful!
- I love this simple mural that will essentially go with anything. I feel like it’s the perfect thing to begin with in the nursery and then we can build around it.
- We’ll (eventually) be graduating Ava to a big-girl-toddler bed and giving her crib to Luke when he’s ready to sleep in there. Many will already know that I love the Chevron pattern (I incorporated it into Ava’s nursery as well and I do like this tie the two rooms will have with each other), and I think blue crib sheets fits in perfectly with the mood of the room I’m going for.
- Of course we’ll have to throw in some “Maine” tones throughout the rooms (lobsters and lighthouses).
- I think this would be darling on Luke’s glider.
- This is very clever and cute.
Here’s to more ideas and inspiration coming to me and that we can get everything done that we need to get done before Mr. Luke’s arrival!