Hello! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
I had quite the busy weekend myself – a dear friend that lives in Greenwich, Connecticut came to visit for the weekend and we had several other (local) friends come over this weekend to help us continue unpacking and transitioning from our move and eat and drink with us. It was a very productive weekend, that’s for sure!
Today I thought it would be fun to share all the places I dined at when I was in Tucson for work last week, especially since I tried several new places that I absolutely adored and will definitely go back to the next time I am there. A “new” thing that I did on this trip was rent a car. Usually I rely on Ubers and people driving me around, but I decided to see what renting a car would be like and, most importantly, if it would be more cost effective. I really liked being able to drive myself around – it definitely gave me more flexibility to explore and I did save some money, which is always good!
- Choice Greens – I actually ate here for lunch with my Tucson colleagues on my very first trip out to Tucson for work orientation in October 2016. As I was craving greens the moment I stepped off the plane, I figured I’d swing by here to pick up a a salad, before heading into the office.
- You all know my Tucson standby eat is pho from Miss Saigon, so of course I had to pick up dinner here on my first night. Not only because it’s right next to the hotel I always stay at, but because it is so good and cheap. 🙂
- I went to Wildflower for the first time for a client lunch and loved it. The weather in Tucson was in the 80s when I was there, so I enjoyed a lot of al fresco dining. Everything on the menu looked so delicious, but I ultimately settled on a lunch special pasta dish at the suggestion of one of my dining partners.
- I had another client lunch the next day at Vivace, an Italian restaurant. As an Italian-food lover, you know I was in heaven!
- On Saturday, I had a lazy working breakfast at Blue Willow so I could prepare for an event later that night. I sat in their garden enjoying the temperature and birds chirping and perused the attached gift shop before leaving. It is definitely a neat spot!
- On Sunday, I had an amazing brunch at Prep & Pastry not too far from Blue Willow and “oh my goodness”. I was floored no one had told me about this place sooner. I loved it! I sat at the bar sipping on my coffee and enjoying my biscuits and gravy with an over- easy egg on top. YUM!
- For my last meal in Tucson, I went to an Italian grill, Zona 78, at the suggestion of one of my friends for a chill vibe, but with the promise of a yummy meal. It was a win.
I think it is fair to say that I (and Luke) ate very well in Tucson!
For those of you that have been to Tucson before, what are your favorite places to eat?