Last October, I had the incredible opportunity to visit Vietnam and some of my dearest friends. It had been years since I had taken an international trip and I was excited but also a little nervous. It was the trip of a lifetime. After much consideration, below are the top 5 things that I miss about Vietnam.
- THE FOOD – I still have dreams about my meals in Vietnam. From the out of this world pho to classics like Bánh xèo (crepes) and bun cha (grilled pork and noodles) to Vietnamese vegetables and fruits, Vietnamese cuisine is incredibly varied and never left me feeling heavy or gross.
- THE DRINKS – The fresh fruit and vegetable juices to the incredible Vietnamese coffee, I miss starting off my mornings with some of the freshest ingredients.
- THE SCENERY – Vietnam has bustling, metropolitan cities, beautiful historical architecture and some of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen. I was lucky enough to visit lazy rivers, Halong Bay, the mountains and much more.
- THE MOPEDS – Vietnam still relies heavily on motorbikes. I was lucky enough to experience motorbike tours in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi and they were so much fun. I definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable driving or navigating the busy city streets by myself, but it was fun to explore the cities this way.
- THE DANAUS – As cheesy as it is, but I miss my dear friends (Anna & Victor) who are living their best lives in Vietnam. I admire their ability to take on challenges, immerse themselves in a different culture and enjoy life. I was so lucky to have these two people there to help me make the best of this trip. MISS YOU GUYS #1216 🙂
Thanks so much for guest posting Christina!!!