Pardon the departure of our regularly scheduled Tuesday Tidbits this week. But there is a very special reason why. 🙂
Our little family is still feeling the extra love and glow from Valentine’s Day last week. Hope you all are still feeling and spreading the love far and wide. Our country world needs it.
We’re thrilled to be able to tell folks that our family of three (humans, not counting Sweet V), will become a family of four in late-August!
Tommy and I took a home pregnancy test (two) three days before Christmas, so we received our greatest and happiest Christmas present a few days early. I knew something was up when I took a 3-hour nap earlier in the day before I took the test (I never nap) and because Violet kept insisting she lay her head on my lap when I was laying down or even sitting up. Already being the protective Big Sister!
I thought it would be fun to share some Baby #2 thoughts and feelings I’ve jotted down since finding out I was pregnant.
- I am very excited, but cautious (especially during the early months).
- Mom knew we were trying for a second child before she passed and I feel like this pregnancy, with finding out a few days before Christmas, was mom’s way of saying “Merry Christmas – I’m still here with you” to my little family and me.
- I know this is incredibly normal and to be expected, but I’m really missing my mom lately and I am wistful that she won’t be here to experience everything she loved about Ava’s pregnancy, her birth, and growing up right before all of our eyes.
- Tommy has been so sweet (exactly as he was when I was first pregnant with Ava), offering to do little things for me – walk Violet, make dinner, rub my neck and lower back – and he is constantly talking to my belly, rubbing my belly, or kissing my belly.
- I’ve been really tired and nauseated (much, much more so than with Ava. I’ve even thrown up a few times with this pregnancy and I didn’t throw up once with Ava). Coffee and I don’t get along at all right now. Sometimes I can do a little decaf, other days forget about it.
- I got sick last week – bad congestion, sore throat, some chills, and achy-ness. The first things were from Ava who was sick the previous week, the other two are symptoms of the flu shot my OB made me get the day before, when I visited her office. Thankfully, it wasn’t the flu, though it knocked me out for several days.
- I was 11 weeks and 6 days at my first doctor’s appointment when we got our first ultrasound! All along, I just felt that I was much further along than we had originally thought. And it was all my fault. I didn’t track my period at all this time, so we literally had to guess to schedule the first doctor’s appointment. I’m so glad I advocated to getting an ultrasound at our first doctor’s appointment (one wasn’t originally scheduled). Otherwise, the first ultrasound wouldn’t have been scheduled for another week or two. Can you imagine?! As it was, the technician exclaimed once she saw the embryo on the screen “wow, that’s a big baby in there”!
We are thrilled and can’t wait to see what is all in store for us in the coming months!
Hope you have a great rest of your day.
Big thanks to Eliza Niforatos for taking our beautiful baby announcement photos!