Happy President’s Day everyone! And a very happy to those of you who have this day off. Unfortunately, I fall into the other camp, so I missed out on a family fun day of going to the Port Discovery Children’s Museum in Baltimore with Tommy, Ava, and some of our friends. But, on the bright side, I have been very productive at work today!
Even though it’s only the second month of 2018, I feel like our personal travel calendar is already filling up. Here is what we have on tap for the next few months.
- (You may remember we went to Breck last month).
- Later this week, our little family will be road tripping to Atlanta for a long weekend to visit my brother and his sweet little family. I’m looking forward to spending some time with Marshall and having Ava play with her cousins. We already have a bowling outing on the schedule. It’ll be Ava’s first time. 🙂
- The first week of April we are Cali bound! We’ll spend the first part of the week taking Ava to Disneyland for the first time! To make it even more fun and exciting, my friend Katie is also coming with her husband and son James (who is around Ava’s age) for the Disney fun. It will be a riot seeing Ava and James react to all the chaos and acton. We’ve already begun telling Ava she will be meeting the “real Mickey” very soon. After a few days at Disney, we’ll say goodbye to Katie and company, and will begin our drive to Monterey, where we’ll reunite with my mom’s side of the family, my brother’s family, and family friends, to bury my mom’s ashes alongside her parents and younger brother. Definitely an emotional trip on opposite spectrums.
- Perhaps an international trip will be in our May plans? Stay tuned!
- We’ll be heading to Asheville, North Carolina for a long weekend in June with one of my former work colleagues, Kathryn, her husband Matt, and their daughter Addie, who is 2 weeks younger than Ava. (They are good friends). Really looking forward to checking out a city I have heard such wonderful things about from people. If you have ever been to Asheville, please, please, please send your suggestions and recs for places to eat, hiking, things to visit, things to do with kiddos, etc. All the things!
And we’re already halfway through the year!
What are some fun trips you have planned this year?
And, seriously, what are things to do, see, and eat in Asheville?