Happy FriYAY everyone! Hope you have something fun planned for this weekend. Ava has two swimming classes this weekend (one is a makeup for a lesson she’ll miss next weekend – more on that later!), brunch with an old friend from Egypt, and a BBQ on Sunday with some former neighbors.
Now can we discuss how next weekend is possibly Labor Day?! Where has the summer gone? And, while I LOVE Fall, I’m not sure I’m ready to “fall plan” yet…
Here are a few things I’m hoping to do before summer is officially over.
- Go on a beach vaycay – which we are doing! Next weekend we are heading to the Outer Banks with one of Ava’s pals and his parents. Cannot wait! I plan on bringing this bad boy with me.
- More trips to the pool (outside of Ava’s swim lessons on Sunday mornings). This summer we’ve been frequenting the Charles Houston Recreation Center pool.
- Ashamedly, we have not yet been to a Nationals game this season – the horror, the horror! What would our “years ago season ticket-holders” selves say? To be fair, if we want to go to a game as a family, timing can be challenging. We can’t go when it’s too hot and we’d like to work around Ava’s nap time (2 – 4pmish). So in my mind that leaves us with a 1pm game on a day that is abnormally cool in August and leaving early so Ava can catch part of her nap or a 7pm game and we leave early as to not have Ava stay up too past her bedtime. I’m still trying to work this out. This may turn into a fall activity.
- Make an Icebox cake. Maybe this will be something we do at the beach?!
- Continue eating all the fresh cherries and corn on the cob we can get our hands on.
What about you? Any “must-do” activities before summer 2017 comes to a close?