Hello lovelies! Happy Hump Day.
A picture recap of our Memorial Day weekend trip to Atlanta is coming later this week, but today I wanted to share what I ended up packing in Ava’s diaper (carry-on) bag for our flights this past weekend.
You may remember that while Ava flew a lot in her first 1.5 years, the last time she has been on a flight is last September when we went to the D.R. for my friend Arlene’s wedding. Almost a year ago. Basically a lifetime of a difference in babyland! I now have a true-blue toddler, so I started doing some research (online and polling people with toddlers) for this trip so I’d be fully prepared.
Here is what I packed.
Let’s start with the “activities” items first:
- New books that Ava had gotten for her birthday (I had purposefully hid them from her for this trip).
- A mini Etch A Sketch – she loves this thing.
- Post – Its (several people told me their toddlers loved placing sticky notes all over their seat and window, keeping them entrained for many minutes. I will say Ava wasn’t a fan of them).
- Water Reveal Pad(s) – more on this below!
- A couple of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Thomas & Friends episodes saved on my iPad for backup (not pictured).
- Ava’s plush Mickey Mouse that she sleeps with (not pictured).
In addition to activities and toys, Ava can be entertained with food (as most kids are!)
- (Food) “Pouchies” (what Ava calls them)
- Happy Baby Organic Yogis – Ava loves all the flavors
- Sippy cup with water
I am happy to report that Ava did great on both flights. Most of her time was spent looking out her window (yep – her window. The joys of having a 2-year-old – paying for her own seat now!), having a blast ordering her own tomato juice from the flight attendant, talking to Mickey and showing him what was outside her window, coloring on one of her water-reveal pads, and eating.
What are some things you do to prepare your toddler for airplane trips?