Hello and Happy Tuesday!
- We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco and the hotel really struck a chord with me for several reasons: 1) there is a rental car desk onsite at the hotel so you can get your rental car (if you are driving to Napa for instance) without even leaving the hotel. Very helpful and convenient when you have lots of luggage, if it’s raining outside, and/or if you have a toddler in tow. 2) I was really impressed at the selection of food and drinks Mission Street Pantry had – coffee, juice, wine, salads, wraps, quiche, breakfast bars, nuts. 3) Christina had said their gym was the biggest gym she had ever seen at a hotel. It takes a lot to impress Christina so this was huge in my mind (and also something that Tommy always critiques when he stays at hotels). 4) The hotel had a really nice penthouse hotel bar (open to all guests) that had stunning views of the city.
- Christina and I did a lovely 4-mile run in Napa on Sunday morning before brunch at Auberge.
- We weren’t quite ready to head back to our hotel after dinner on Sunday night so we decided to pop into Downtown Joes in Napa to see what the local night scene was like. It was like I was back in college.
- One thing that I never been able to do while visiting any part of wine country is take an afternoon to wander around and pop into all the cute shops and boutiques sprinkled about. When we were in Healdsburg a couple years ago with my mom she bought the cutes denim dress for Ava at a store downtown and kept gushing how cute it was. (Tommy and I were at a wine tasting when she went). This is something that I would definitely like to do the next time I come back.
- On the bucket list? Coming to wine country during Harvest season. Boom!
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)