Happy early, rainy Tuesday morning! Today it’s back to the salt mines. 🙂 It’s been a fantastic week + vacation and I can honestly say I feel rejuvenated and ready to get back to work. Hopefully this isn’t an ominous sign of my day but I woke up at 5:15am and was heading out the door at 5:45am to go on a run…only to see that it had started raining. (I never run in the rain – unless it’s an actual race). BOO!
Though the good news is because of this I’m able to get a jump start on this blog post!
Let’s dive into your weekly Tidbits though shall we?
1) Any locals, like me, that ride metro enjoy the Christmas tunes that played at Gallery Place/Chinatown metro during December? Good news if you were one of the ones feeling the beat. 🙂
2) Tommy and I enjoyed a sort of impromptu date brunch last Friday. We were planning on seeing Manchester By the Sea that morning while Ava was with her nanny, only to find that when we go to the movie theater they hadn’t updated their website as of thirty minutes before and weren’t showing the movie until 9:45pm that night. We decided to make the most of this letdown and stopped by a restaurant that has always grabbed my attention because it is always so packed, Table Talk Restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. I would describe it as a diner that served all the breakfast classics.
3) I finished reading Wicked last night! Now I am totally ready to see the musical on Friday night with my friend Liz and our moms. 🙂 We plan on grabbing dinner in Georgetown first before heading over to the Kennedy Center.
4) Little Miss was due for another haircut last Friday – I swear her hair grows faster than mine and that is saying a lot. She usually hates getting her haircut, but a lollipop helped this haircut go a lot more smoothly. (Though she did throw the lollipop up a little bit once we were back home, oh well).
5) This recipe looks tasty and just perfect for a cold winter night.
Have a great week!