Tommy and I officially (finally) went on another date! Remember our last one in April?
On Sunday late-morning mom watched the Little Miss so Tommy and I could have a baby-free brunch at a local spot I have been meaning to try, Live Oak.
- For all you Charleston, SC lovers out there this is your place, Live Oak is a Charleston southern cuisine inspired restaurant! Justus Frank is the Executive Chef and has worked at Eventide (now closed), Fiola, and Copperwood Tavern.
- The decor was simple, but tasteful. I liked how open the space was and that it had Christmas decorations! Tommy and I were seated in a cute little 2-person booth right by the bar.
- So that inspired us to partake in some adult beverages. 🙂 Tommy got an Old Fashioned and I ordered the Mixed Berry Bellini.
- Our meal was delicious and our service wonderful. To start we tried KK’s Deviled Eggs and for our main courses Tommy ordered the Angus Beef Burger and I got the Shrimp Po’Boy. Everything was so tasty. Not a single crumb was left behind.
- We had time for great conversation and some picture-taking!
We had a fabulous time – it was a great chance for Tommy and I to reconnect and enjoy a last meal, especially as it is his turn to be out west for work. A few hours after brunch he left for the SF-area.
We will definitely come back to Live Oak. It is an easy walk from our house, which is even better!