Hope you had a good weekend! Ours was quite busy, especially with our annual holiday party being on Saturday morning. 🙂 Per the usual, every year we host a holiday shindig for our friends and family because yours truly LOVES Christmas. The annual event can morph into different formats (a Saturday night party – obviously pre-Ava, a gals ornament exchange, or a wine and cheese party). This year I opted to be family-friendly again and settled on a pancake brunch!
Our brunch started at 11am and went on basically all day – (seriously, our last guests didn’t leave our house until 5:30pm and then we all decided to grab dinner down the street at Lena’s).
- Pancakes which I had catered by Saint Germain Catering. We had a selection of chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and strawberry pancakes. Mom was sweet and decided to make an apple cake as an entree as well! (Sadly, not pictured).
- Fruit salad (I whipped this up the morning of).
- Lil Smokie Sausages (which Tommy warmed up a few minutes before our first guests arrived).
- St. Germain’s also provided hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate (+ a couple toppings of chocolate chips and wafer stirrers I added).
- Our signature cocktails included Poinsettias (cranberry juice, sparkling white whine, and green sugar) and Hot Toddies. Can you guess what drink was my decision and which one was Tommy’s?!
Since a number of kiddos of various ages were going to be coming I wanted to make sure there was an activity of some sort for them to partake in besides music and all of Ava’s toys.
In true hostess mode, I didn’t get a chance to take any pictures during the party! My friend Liz managed to snap this photo of Ava and her youngest, Max, playing together!
And finally, never one to let a guest leave empty-handed I continued the hot chocolate theme by handing out hot chocolate packets as party favors.
Thanks to everyone who came – hope ya’ll had fun. Until next year!