Happy Giving Tuesday! For those of you that don’t know what Giving Tuesday is, it is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Giving Tuesday is always on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and is currently in its 5th year. For more information on Giving Tuesday go here.
For this week’s Tidbits I wanted to share some amazing charities that I plan on supporting. It would be great if you could lend your support too!
- The National Institute for Civil Discourse (NICD) – NICD envisions elected officials who work collaboratively to tackle the big issues facing our country; a media that accurately informs and involves citizens; and a public that actively engages with its government — of the people, by the people, for the people. Joining forces, we can ensure that civility emerges once again as the glue that binds, repairs and strengthens our Democratic nation, particularly now. To donate go here.
- Bully Paws – a Pit Bull animal rescue and most importantly where we found our Sweet Violet 6 years ago! Working with shelters in the MD/DC/VA area, they place homeless pit bull type dogs in foster homes. There, they are cared for by dedicated volunteers until they are adopted. To donate go here.
- Share Our Strength – Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign’s mission is to end childhood hunger in the United States through long-term solutions like legislation and sustainable programs. To donate go here.
- Zero to Three – ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development. To donate go here.
- Planned Parenthood – Planned Parenthood was founded on the revolutionary idea that women should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams — no ceilings, no limits. Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide. To donate go here.
- Lyme Warrior – the mission of Lyme Warrior is to bring awareness and support to the sufferers of the silent, debilitating epidemic of Lyme Disease and other diseases. Proceeds fund research, awareness campaigns, and impoverished Lyme Warriors. You may remember I did a post on a project Lyme Warrior is working on, Chronic Beauty. To donate go here.
Even if you don’t choose to support any of these amazing non-profits, I do hope you’ll find an organization to support today and throughout the holiday season. No matter the organization or issue, none of the fantastic work can get done anywhere without generous support from people like you.