Hello and happy Friday!
Hope your day is going well. My morning started off with an early dermatologist appointment before work – where I waited for 45 minutes to only see my dermatologist for 10 minutes tops! CRAZY.
Needless to say that didn’t put me in the best of moods, so I decided to swing by Starbucks before heading into my office. I had a reward so I ordered a VENTI Skinny Vanilla Latte. I don’t think I’ve ever ordered a Venti-sized anything ever.
I’m not sure what it is, but I’m in a funny mood today so I thought my post should reflect that, thus I’ll be sharing some random thoughts with you all.
- My upper body is so sore. I took two hot yoga classes this week (one on Tuesday morning and the other one yesterday morning) and man do I feel the burn. While I still don’t LOVE hot yoga, it’s growing on me. The only reason why I’m even going to hot yoga classes are because those are the only yoga classes offered in the morning before work at my studio. Guess I better get used to sweatin’!
- How is next week the week of Thanksgiving? Unbelievable. I always say it every year, but the holiday season really crept up on me this year. This amazing, pleasant fall weather we’re having in the DMV area probably isn’t helping the fact that it doesn’t seem like it should already be Thanksgiving. The highs this week have topped 70 degrees. The foliage is gorgeous, but usually by this time we’re freezing outside. We’ll be heading to Atlanta Tuesday night to spend Thanksgiving with my brother, his little family, and his in-laws. Be prepared for a fun and colorful recap of that!
- Anyone else watch How to Get Away with Murder? Can we TALK about what happened last night?
- I met a friend for lunch today – we grabbed salads at sweetgreen and then sat in Dupont Circle around the fountain (as said above, the weather is so gorgeous right now) – to give him some fundraising advice. I always love it when I can supply helpful development/fundraising advice to people for personal or professional use. (In this case it was professional).
- The next book I plan on reading will be Wicked since I will be seeing the musical in January at the Kennedy Center – can’t wait!
Hope you have a great weekend.