It’s Friday (night) ya’ll! Hope everyone had a good day today and has an even better weekend coming up.
Today flew by for me. My 2.5 hour phone call might have had something to do with that. 🙂 To end the day I thought I’d do a check into what I’ve been up to, what I have planned for the weekend, and other random things on my mind.
- You might have seen from my Instagram account that I grabbed a late lunch at a dear old friend’s place. (3pm…yup) I hadn’t been here in AGES, but it’s always been one of my most favorite casual go-to dining spots. Vapiano!!! In fact this may have been the last time I ate here….the horror.
- I was one of the millions of people who stayed up to watch the entire game 7 game of the World Series. I wasn’t even that highly invested in either team (though I did want the Cubs to win because, hello, 1908, but also because my dad was born and raised in Chicago so he’s a Cubs fan), but it was a nail-biter! The Cubs finally winning it all gives me a glimmer of hope that the Nats can follow in their steps…
- This happened last night.
- Tommy, Ava, my mom, and I have our very own regular “Friday Night Dinners” on the calendar now. (How very Gilmore Girls of us). My mom has been wanting to have a regular day/night that we go over to her place for a meal. We had originally thought Sunday night dinners would be the night, but for some reason we landed on Fridays. Today was the first dinner and it was delicious and fun. On the menu: chicken terriyaki, stir-fry veggies, fried pork cutlets, and rice.
- I came across this article on tips for a perfect mother/daughter trip earlier this week and thought it was incredibly apropos as my mom and I begin to plan our mother/daughter trip to Barcelona next year!
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe has declared that November is Virginia Oyster Month. Apparently more than 135 million oysters were planted in Virginia last year, which is an increase from the year before. Well you know I love a good oyster. Some of my favorite spots to eat oysters include Hank’s Oyster Bar, Rappahannock Oyster
Bar and Pearl Dive Oyster Palace.
- Tomorrow Tommy and I are treating our friends Allison and George to brunch at Vermilion for Allison’s upcoming 30th birthday. The big celebration is happening in Cancun later this month, but we aren’t able to go so brunch will have to do…
- The rest of my Friday night plans involve drinking wine and catching up on this week’s TV shows that I wasn’t able to watch.Have a great weekend!