Happy dreary, rainy, cool Thursday to you if you’re in the DMV area. Hopefully the sun is shining elsewhere around the country and world!
It’s no secret that I am absolutely pumped to start my new job, but I am cognizant that my days spent doing pretty much what I wanted, when I wanted are limited. While some days were spent being very productive – running errands, networking, doing various admin things, planning parties, traveling, taking care of Ava, making sure mom was set, you name it, there were also days where I may have taken a nap or two during the day, binged-watched Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, and Younger, read a book or two, or finished reading a set of magazines that had been piling up.
As is the case when you start anything new and challenging the first few months are predictably going to be insane, not to mention the fact that we are coming upon a series of end-of-the-year holidays .
Below are the things that I hope to do before I am consumed by my new gig.
- Sit at the bar for a weekday lunch at Bastille, this super cute Parisian bistro in my neighborhood.
- Go to a midday movie
- Take Violet on a nice hike, sans Ava, at either Theodore Roosevelt Island in DC or Great Falls Park in Virginia.
- Go to a local Virginia winery during the week.
- Take a long, leisurely stroll by myself at Target and really taking things in and not just buying things on my list in a frenzied hurry.
- Make an apple pie from scratch.
- Have some serious daytime snuggles with Violet and Ava.
- Go shopping for new work clothes.
- Be lazy
- Finish watching Gilmore Girls.