Happy Friday! Hard to believe another week has gone by and LABOR DAY is right around the corner – YIKES.
This morning I wanted to pop in to share a few interesting reads I’ve been digesting over the week.
- For all you Yogis, why you should never skip a savasna. I will admit in my 20s I was one of those people who thought savasna was a waste of time and would duck out right before it began at yoga classes. Now that I’m in my 30s, have a baby, and other adult responsibilities I RELISH this last 5 minutes of class every week.
- Tommy talked about this interesting nutrition organization, Dietitians for Professional Integrity earlier this week. I went to their website to find out a little more about them.
- Would you ever want to be a celebrity’s personal assistant? While I think I’d be great at this (I don’t mind taking orders, I’m very organized and Type A, and by nature I do tasks immediately), I think it would get old very quickly. When I first started out in DC I was an Executive Assistant to a lobbyist and I imagine this job is very similar to being a celebrity’s personal assistant.
- Something to think about regarding work/life balance.
- Photos from past Olympic cities. Kind of bummed they didn’t include Atlanta in this montage. I was living in Atlanta during the 1996 Summer Games and went to several sporting events (track & field and gymnastics!) and the dress rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony. It.was.so.amazing. I’d love to attend another Olympics Games at some point.
- Get ready, the Era of the Bitch is Coming. Le Sigh.
Have a great weekend!
Side bar: our amazing nanny will be on vacation next week so I will have “Ava Duty” all week. Not sure what that means for posting regularity, but I’ll make sure to stop by when I can!