So we have a LOT of mint growing in our front yard, and I mean a lot. So, I have been trying to take advantage of the delicious smelling and tasting plant at my disposal , which up until now, means putting several leaves in my regular batches of homemade sun tea. I got to thinking what are some other things I could make with mint and it turns out there are a lot!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Mint Iced Tea – add a few mint leaves to any flavored iced tea for a refreshing zing
- Mint Water – While so simple, it never occurred to me to put a few leaves of mint in a glass of iced water until my sister-in-law Christy served it to me while I was in Maine. The mint gave the water a nice pop of flavor. Christy for the win again!
- Mint Lemonade – I will be making this pronto.
- Fresh Mint Iced Coffee – I am making this tomorrow.
- Pineapple Mint Smoothie – sounds soooo yummy.
- Mint & Avocado Hummus – I’m curious how this would taste…
- Chickpea Salad with Lemon Mint Vinaigrette – perfect to bring to a BBQ!
- Fresh Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad – Umm, I want this right now. I think this would make a delicious (low-cal) dessert.
- Strawberry Mint Salad – ditto.
- Greek Turkey Meatballs with Cucumber Mint Sauce
- Tandoori Wings with Mint Chutney Dipping Sauce
- Grilled Salmon with Mint & Basil Sauce
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad with a Zesty Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
Now let’s get to cooking!
Any favorite mint recipes? Please share!