Hello and happy Tuesday! In D.C. we have a 2-hour delay to the work day to accommodate for the light snow we got last night and early this morning. Right now I am finishing my breakfast and sipping my some coffee while I type up this post. Soon after I will get ready for work and take Violet for a walk before hopping in my Jeep to brave the drive into work. Hoping the roads (and drivers) aren’t too bad!
1) Tommy and I went to a lovely engagement party for one of his former co-workers (and friend) and his fiance on Saturday night. The Mother of the Bride baked this super cute sugar cookies for the party.
2) As I am nearing my third trimester (on Friday!) in addition to the baby related things I was already thinking about (childcare, reading about my pregnancy, starting the nursery, etc), I am now thinking more about the delivery – well in particular the hospital stay – I was already a little anxious about the childbirth process. I am starting to compare people’s hospital visit bag condiments (what items they bring with them when it’s baby time). Here is what one blogger’s hospital bag looks like. I know I have a few weeks to prepare mine and Tommy’s but you can never be too prepared!
3) I worked from home one day last week due to inclement weather and while I worked away on my laptop and took conference calls, Violet did this:
4) I am a sad and wistful to report that I will NOT be running the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon this year. 🙁 Christina and I had every intention of doing this race and fabulous wine country and SF girls trip again – we even registered for the race the hour it opened in December – but I soon realized everything involved with having a new baby so soon before the trip wasn’t quite as easy as I thought it would be. We DO plan on running this race next year though!
5) Totally considering buying these tickets —-or maybe asking someone else to buy them for me for a birthday present!