Today I am not doing a workout before I head to the office. No, in about 6 hours I will be on a huge plane making my (long) way to Bali.
That is right, Bali. About a month and a half ago I got some family news and was told a trip to Bali was in the picture. I’ll share more later as the news and trip (planning and executing) have been a bit of a whirlwind. Because I will be in another country and inevitably suffering from jet-lag, I will most likely not be posting for about a week from today. You can always read about my previous Bali adventure while I’m away. 🙂
I promise to share photos and tidbits soon.
Today I thought I’d highlight a few things that I am packing for my 24 hour + trip to Southeast Asia. I will have two carry-ons with me on the plane and I’m checking a small suitcase that will hopefully meet me in bag claim in Bali.
I am traveling from D.C. to Japan to Singapore (long layover) to Bali on the way there. On the way back it’ll be Bali to Japan (long layover) to D.C.
- My own blanket for the plane (and for airport- waiting in case it’s cold)
- A mini toiletries bag packed with a contact case, travel-size contact solution, and an extra pair of contacts, travel- size facial wash, toothbrush and travel-size toothpaste, Advil, 2 packs of gum, tissue, travel-size hand sanitizer, travel-size hand lotion, nail file, lip balm, and band-aids
- An extra pair of clothes, accessories, and shoes to change into while I’m in Singapore. Not only will I want to get out of my other clothes that I will have been wearing for 14+ hours IMMEDIATELY, I have plans to meet a couple of friends in Singapore to break-up my long layover. Fingers crossed the timing works out!
- Hair brush
- A travel pouch with my passport and a printed copy of my itinerary + a few other documents.
- Head pillow
- An electrical socket converter for all my appliances
- Not pictured: glasses, iPad, Bali book, pair of socks for the plane ride(s)
Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Wish me luck.