1. My friend Allison and I were feeling fancy last week. We decided to meet up for drinks and appetizers at the Round Robin Bar at the Willard Hotel.
2. Remember I mentioned my office had an annual staff bake sale last week? Since I baked for it, I was given 5 free raffle tickets. Turns out my luck was good that day – I won a $50 gift card to Baked and Wired in Georgetown! I have been wanting to try this place for years and now I have even more incentive. 🙂
3. The restaurant, Park Tavern, has FINALLY opened up in my hood! Tommy and I went their for lunch this weekend with some friends. We were pretty impressed. They had a good wine and cocktail selection and all of our orders were tasty. I got the pasta carbonara, the guys both ordered the pastrami sandwich, and my friend Anna decided on the calamari to snack on. Yay for another new restaurant to eat at nearby!
4. Tommy’s 30th birthday plans are coming along nicely. We have decided to go tubing near Harper’s Ferry, VA and then have a catered BBQ for his friends after along the river. Be on the lookout for a post on this soon! I’m contemplating giving these super cute cake pops out as party favors. What do you think?
5. The Washington Capitals, our city’s hockey team, have made it into the playoffs again this year! I will admit, as much as I am a Capitals fan I wasn’t sure it would happen this year considering their rocky start. I can only hope they will advance a lot further than last year. The first playoff game is this Thursday against the New York Islanders. LET’S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!