So much for March 20th being the official start of “spring”. D.C. and its surrounding area has had such strange weather lately – it feels more like that start of winter than spring.
When I arrived at DCA (one of the Washington, D.C. area airports) on Sunday night from Dallas, it was snowing. Snowing. It continued to snow through Monday (though the snow didn’t stick around that long). Yesterday when I was in a meeting I happened to look out the window and it was sleeting. Lord. Today I wore my puffer jacket and Ugg boots to work.
However, we are going to focus on the positives today. What am I excited about for spring? (For those of you that don’t know, the official spring season began on March 20th and will end on June 20th). Here are some of the things I am most looking forward to during this time period, in no particular order, though in all honesty it’ll probably be in chronological order!
- Celebrating Easter with Tommy and my mom. (We’ll miss you dad, Marshall, and the Comeau clan!)
- Nationals baseball games. Tommy and I are going to our first game next Wednesday. HOORAY!
- The Yards Park Wine Festival
- The Cherry Blossoms
- Some exciting work events and work travel.
- Having a couple of friends cook a delicious dinner for me.
- Starting to train for my 2nd half marathon, the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country half marathon.
- A friend’s bachelorette party in Atlantic City.
- Running the Susan G. Komen 5k with my mom (she is a cancer survivor) and then treating her to a day at the spa for Mother’s Day.
- Staying at a bed and breakfast in Annapolis.
- Nailing down a time to go to Belize with Tommy!
- A friend’s wedding (the same friend who had her bachelorette in Atlantic City).
- Celebrating (and planning!) Tommy’s 30th birthday extravaganza.
- Possibly going to Omaha, Nebraska to visit my friend Meg. Another place to check off the list!
- Celebrating my 30th birthday
- WARMER WEATHER
What are you most looking forward to for spring?