This week’s Tuesday Tidbits covers more D.C. Rock ‘N’ Roll Half Marathon fun!
1. On Friday night I met up with Julie and Laura at the D.C. Rock ‘N’ Roll Race expo to pick up our race packets.
I also intended and executed on making another purchase to use during the race the next day.
2. After completing the half marathon on Saturday and partaking in a some picture-taking, beer drinking (Julie and Laura did – the last thing I felt like doing was drinking beer right after the race), and listening a little to Cowboy Mouth at the post-race festivities, Tiffany, Tommy, mom, Julie, and I headed to Urbana in Dupont Circle to meet up with some of Tiffany’s co-workers and friends for a celebratory post half marathon brunch.
I was very pleased with my brunch orders – when they arrived. The service was very slow on Saturday. I will say the restaurant was super packed for St. Patty’s Day festivities, birthdays, etc, but I feel like the restaurant probably should have anticipated that. We had to wait roughly 45 minutes or so before we could order. Also, a member of our party may or may not have suffered food poisoning from her brunch order. The jury is still out on whether I would go back here. A couple of people had told me they had been to Urbana and really liked it. Maybe I’ll give it another go at some point.
Surprisingly I didn’t eat the entire burger. I was hungry, but not ravenous like I thought I would be right after the race.
3. For dinner that night, I finally made it to Proof, a restaurant in Gallery Place/Chinatown I had been wanting to try for years. Look out for tomorrow’s post on this!
4. On Sunday Tiffany and I decided to get pedicures before brunch because 1) I was really yearning for someone to massage my feet and calves and 2) we both admitted our toes could use a little TLC.
5. Right after our pedicures, we headed to brunch at Lavagna. I was really looking forward to this meal too as I had been wanting to try it ever since I read the Bitches Who Brunch blog post on it. Be on the lookout for this recap on Thursday! Following brunch was a (slow – my legs were still very sore) stroll through Eastern Market. A delightful little Sunday. 🙂