1. I thought Michelle Obama’s Inaugural gown was absolutely stunning. Rockin’ the red!
2. Revenge is currently my favorite TV show right now. While I admit I have a handful of favorite shows, Revenge has inched its way to the top. If you have seen it before, you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t, start watching it!
3. So far I am sucking at my mission to see most of the movies up for Best Picture at the Academy Awards. I haven’t crossed off any since last week…I need to work on that.
4. On Saturday I ran 5 miles per my half-marathon training program, (technically I was supposed to run 5 miles on Sunday and do 40 minutes of cross-training on Saturday, but I switched my Saturday and Sunday workouts this week since I knew I would be busy all day Sunday at Skyline Drive). Since I didn’t want to deal with all the inauguration road blocks, detours, and other hoopla, I decided to run to, around, and back home from the Tidal Basin. It was great! Since I set out at 7:30am there were hardly any people there yet and it was beginning to be a bright, sunny day. It was very peaceful running by the water. I will definitely do this route again soon – probably next weekend!
5. I love flowers, particularly freshly, cut flowers in my condo. They just make me so happy. I usually try to always have flowers in our condo somewhere because, while so simple, I feel they definitely spruce up the place a little more. I believe I read somewhere that having flowers nearby is healthy because they are able to cheer people up. Works for me.
I went to Harris Teeter yesterday evening and scooped some yellow daisies up, nothing too fancy, but just right!
Happy Tuesday! Enjoy your short week.