1. To those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating with friends, family, and loved ones. This morning Tommy and I will spend time opening presents with his eldest brother Joe, his wife Dawn and their family and then we’ll head over to his older sister’s house where we’ll celebrate with his entire family (brothers & sisters, their families and significant others and his parents). We’ll also do our big Secret Santa swap then. I hope the person I was assigned to likes his/her gifts. 🙂
2. Last night we spent Christmas Eve with Dawn’s sister, Kim, and her family. (Kim is the one who just opened Molly’s Cupcakes ‘N’ More). As you can tell from the pictures it was a blast!
3. Yesterday Tommy and I hit the gym. He did chest and I did upper-body strength training and stretching per my training plan. Upper body exercises for me included flat dumbbell press, push-ups, inclined dumbbell press, flys, and shoulder press.
4. We were so hungry after our workout we popped into one of Tommy’s favorite “back home” spots, Amato’s, a pizza, pasta and sandwich chain only available in Maine, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont. I got the Moon sandwich and Tommy got a chicken Parmesan sandwich. Unfortunately it occurred to me to take a photo of our sandwiches after we had eaten them…If you are ever in the New England area, you should definitely stop by an Amato’s. For more information go here
5. After Amato’s we headed home and showered before heading out to see Tommy’s younger sister at Happy Tails, a dog daycare and obedience school, where she works. We met a sweet 3-year old Pit Bull named Aubrey who is up for adoption. She was incredibly hyper, but super playful.