1. Tommy and I registered for the Salvation Army’s ‘Angel Tree‘ program yesterday. We already know what two children we are assigned to to buy Christmas presents for. We have two brothers and can’t wait to go buy their presents this weekend. As mentioned, this is one of our favorite things to do at Christmas! We love it.
2. We got this cabinet from Crate and Barrel as an early Christmas present from my parents. I love it and I (the nerd in me) can’t wait to start filling it up with goodies from around our condo.
3. I bought Domestic Affairs by Bridget Siegel so I would have a book to read when I traveled out west this past weekend. I finished it yesterday and I thought it was pretty good. A classic piece of literature it is not, but for what it is (I would categorize it as “chick lit”) I really enjoyed it. Granted the fact that a large portion of the book is based on politics and fundraising might have had something to do with it, but I would recommend the book to others for sure.
4. My mom got a job in D.C.! Woot! She had been applying to a few for the past month and a half or so. I am so proud of her and happy for her.
5. One thing that I forgot to add to my list of favorite things to do during Christmastime is write Christmas cards to friends and family. I also love receiving cards and displaying them in our condo, hint hint. I plan on starting some of mine today. Tommy and I have already gotten two cards in the mail!
Happy Tuesday 🙂