1. Tommy and I finally went to the new Hank’s Oyster Bar on the Hill for dinner with a couple of friends on Saturday night. I have been a longtime fan of the original Hank’s in Dupont Circle and I was very excited to hear that it was expanding again to Capitol Hill. (There is also a Hank’s in Old Town Alexandria). It was packed that night, which may explain the slower service, but the food didn’t disappoint!
2. On Sunday night, Tommy and I went to Kabob Palace in Crystal City for the first time for dinner. My high school best friend and her husband were in D.C. for the weekend. While the decor of the restaurant was very simple, the food was amazing. So tasty and their portions are huge! We will definitely be going back for kabob! I was so hungry I forgot to take a photo of our yummy food…
3. On Monday, I met a sorority sister, her husband, and sweet baby daughter for brunch at another restaurant I had been wanting to try, Commissary. Wow, all it seems I did this weekend was eat….I hadn’t seen her in 5 years so it was wonderful to catch up. The food was good too. I got a yummy latte and the lox and bagel platter.
4. In non-related food news, I ran this morning for the first time in over two weeks because of the horrible virus I caught. I am STILL coughing, but not enough to slow me down anymore. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to run for as long as I had hoped. I guess I need to build back my stamina. After I ran for about 10 minutes, I did another 20 minutes on the stationary bike. It still felt good to log in a workout.
5. Tommy and I have jumped on the Homeland bandwagon. We started watching the series this weekend and are now hooked. We have one more episode to go for Season 1 and then on to Season 2.