1. Today is election day!!! If you haven’t already, go vote.
2. Yesterday morning several co-workers and I went canvassing in Northern Virginia to urge people to get out and vote. I also did this in 2010 in West Virginia for the midterm elections. I always enjoy doing this every couple of years, getting out there and talking to voters, boots on the ground. I’m a cheese ball, I know.
3. My mom and I went to see My Fair Lady at Arena stage. I really liked it. If you are a lover of musicals, you should definitely check it out!
4. I am getting really, really excited for Thanksgiving, which is kind of strange since everyone knows my favorite holiday is Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I do love Thanksgiving, but I’m a little surprised about how early my excitement came this year. My mom is hosting this year in D.C. for Marshall, Tommy, me and several family friends. I have been put in charge of pumpkin pies, baked mac ‘n’ cheese, and caramelized brussels sprouts. YUM!
5. We had dinner with our old neighbors who moved to Istanbul, Turkey last year. They were in town for job training. It was great catching up with them and hearing about their overseas adventures and hearing about some of the places I visited when I was last in Turkey with my family for Christmas one year. Fed my continuing desire to move overseas one day…