1. I think the worst of Sandy has passed. We were very fortunate – everyone is safe and we didn’t lose power. I hope everyone managed to stay dry and safe last night! My heart goes out to the people in New York and New Jersey.
2. Last Friday a co-worker and…
3. I went to a new restaurant later on Friday for a friend’s “welcome back happy hour” (she was in Ghana for a little over a year). El Chucho in Columbia Heights. I would definitely go back. If their chips, salsa, guac, and strawberry margarita are any indication, I can’t wait to try other things on the menu!
4. My friend and I went to cheer on some Marine Core Marathon runners near the Capitol on Sunday morning. She is one of the people I will be running the Rock ‘N’ Roll Half with. We thought we’d go to show our support and get pumped up for our race. Each and every one of the runners we saw were so inspiring. It definitely made me excited to do our race, but also scared me a little because some of them looked in pain. (We were roughly at mile 19).
5. I will be going to Los Angeles at the end of November to celebrate one of my best friend’s 30th birthday! She recently moved there from Dallas so I am excited to see her life there and (finally) meet her boyfriend. Another one of my best friend’s is flying out there with me. Expect some posts on this wild trip!
6. I caught a nasty bug this past weekend. I’m really hoping I can shake it off today when I will (inevitably) have to go back to work tomorrow. It was nice to have these past two days off to get some R&R and stock up on meds.
For those along the Eastern seaboard, how did you entertain yourself during Hurricane Sandy?